Minutes of committee meeting held on 15th April 2014
Tadworth and Walton Residents' Association
(Click here to view, download & print as a pdf file.)

1. Attendance:
Present:
President - Simon Carpenter
Vice-Chairman - Gillian Hein
Secretary - Gillian Bockmeulen
Treasurer - Robin Parr-Davies

In Attendance:
Committee - Ken Chivers, Geoff Hewitt, Paul Waller, Simon Carpenter

Apologies - Trish Canham, Cllr. Rachel Turner, Ann Liddle

2. Walton Planning - Ken Chivers
14/00374/F
Windmill Bank, Sandlands Road
Demolition of existing property and erection of 2 detached 2 storey houses.
No Objection

14/00543/F
Cannon House, Hurst Drive
Demolition of existing property and erection of 2 detached 5 bedroom houses.
No Objection

Tadworth Planning - Gillian Hein
14/00435/F
32 Shelvers Way
Demolition of existing garage and erection of attached dwelling.
Several residents have lodged objections to the proposed construction. The committee felt the design was out of character with semi-detached properties in the vicinity as the design creates a terraced look and the lack of garages would create parking issues.
Object

3. Minutes and Matters Arising:
Bryan Yates asked what action the council was taking over concerns about potential building on Pump House Field. No update could be given as no councillors were present.

Gillian Hein informed the meeting that Mr. John Brown of the Woodland Trust had agreed to speak at the A.G.M about the proposed National Forest to be created at Langley Vale.

Bryan asked when the benches, which Jeff Harris had kindly agreed to donate, will be installed. Geoff Hewitt suggested they be inscribed so as to deter theft.

It was agreed the Residents Association will have a table at the Walton May Pageant. This has been booked by Ann and Paul Waller will arrange for a banner to be made to include the web and Twitter details. It was decided that visitors should be able to select how the £2,500 Pfizer money be spent. Newsletters, standing order forms and information about the Jubilee Woodland will be available. Robin agreed to print notices for the table and Gillian, Robin, Ken and Jill to attend during the afternoon.

Bryan Yates asked for an update on the de Burgh Playing Fields development. No further information was available.

Gillian and Paul had attended a meeting at Pfizer. In future the company will provide mentoring to groups in the area. It was hoped their I.T. expertise could be used to assist with the database.

Minutes proposed: Paul Waller. Seconded: Bryan Yates

4. Spring Newsletter:
Trish has all the information and it was hoped that printing will take place shortly. It was decided that the newsletters, together with two fliers, one inviting people to attend the A.G.M. and the other giving details of the forthcoming public inquiry, together with the standing order form, to be distributed to all residents this year. Subscriptions will be collected in the Autumn to allow people to submit their standing orders to their relevant bank. Committee members to assist in delivering the newletter where necessary.

Geoff Hewitt felt as a Committee we need to demonstrate how effective it is and also we should encourage new members to join. Paul emphasised the need to encourage younger residents to become
involved. Clive will include an invitation in his Chairman’s statement. Ken Chivers advised that members of the committee have connections with other organisation which brings benefits and expertise to the committee.

In the past statistics had been compiled detailing the results of planning applications and the committee considered whether this should happen in the future.

5. Police Update - Paul Waller:
Paul reported there was no significant crime information to report. Ken Chivers asked why the theft of agricultural equipment at Frith Park had not been given on the police alerts and Paul agreed to follow this up.

6. A.G.M:
The draft programme was discussed and timings for speakers adjusted. Clive to ask Alan Gout if he will kindly print 100 copies of the Agenda and Accounts for the meeting.

7. Treasurer’s Report:
Robin reported no transactions in the last month but said the Examiner had requested the receipt for monies pertaining to the Jubilee Woodland. Gillian to ask Janet Hill to provide this information.
He had met with Mike Fox who would like to offer Paypal as a means of paying annual subscriptions. Mike was willing to set up a merchant’s account and each payment would cost 40p. This system could be used as an alternative to standing orders if residents preferred.

8. Correspondence:
Gillian had received a copy of the Downland Trust Newsletter which included information and photographs of the Jubilee Woodland.

A letter from Biffa, another Jubilee Woodland contributor contained details inviting organisations to participate in a competition.

9. A.O.B.:
There were no items

Date of next meeting: 20 May 2014
Date of AGM: 14 May 2014 - 7.30pm St John's Church Hall